- Stitched Up – To start, some hand sewing skills and a cupcake pincushion to make.
- Stitched Up – Moving on, to learn how to use a sewing machine and make an appliqué cushion.
- Full on Fashion – Increasing confidence leads to design and make a bag.
- Full on Fashion – Make a simple skirt.
- Then the world’s your oyster!
- You could step it up a level with further classes, perhaps using a simple pattern.
Where Teenagers Sewing Skills classes are held
- At my home in Tytherington.
- Sometimes in Thornbury.
- I am happy to run a class one to one or for two in Tytherington or your own home. Prices on application.
When they are held
- Either weekday evenings, Saturdays or during the holidays, in 2.5hr lessons or longer 5hr classes.
What can you make?
- Depends on the class level, as shown above.
- As you progress the design and items can become more personal.
- Maybe aprons, room tidies, lounging trousers, something from your own patterns.
How much do the classes cost?
- The classes cost from £25 for 2.5hr session and includes all materials and use of equipment, including sewing machines. To give you an idea, to complete Stitched Up classes takes 7.5hrs.
How do I book a class?
- Phone or email me for a chat to decide on which class level we can go for then I can send you a booking form.
What do I get out of learning to sew?
- A fun, creative filled time. Confidence in your abilities as a sewer. Having the wherewith all to create great gifts for friends and family. The satisfaction of making your own unique items not found in the shops. The ability to renew, reuse and recyle old and worn out clothes/bedding/curtains, a great feel good factor. What a skill to acquire, to be able to say you can sew. Learn a skill, gain confidence, be creative!