- Boys and girls aged 7 or over.
What will they make?
- Lots of fun projects from pin cushions and needle cases to tote bags, book covers, pencil cases and room tidies.
- Here are some of their projects.
What will they learn?
- Basic hand stitching, including some embroidery stitches.
- How to use a sewing machine.
- How to cut out from a simple pattern.
- The classes run in 6 week blocks. Each block introduces new skills and gives a chance to practice old ones.
- At least two items are made in each unit.
What is included?
- The use of a John Lewis mini sewing machine. The fabric, sewing supplies, scissors, tools and threads needed to complete the projects. A project folder to keep patterns and instructions in.
How to book
- Use the contact form to let me know of your interest.
Classes are taught by Mandy Gerrard, I am CRB checked and have a first aid certificate and insurance.
Children at Olveston Primary School
The Create and Grow sewing club has been well attended by children at Olveston Primary School. They have thoroughly enjoyed learning new skills and we have been thrilled with the progress they have made with sewing skills. Mandy teaches the children in a fun and supportive way and the children are eager to find out what they will be learning the following week! Not only has their confidence grown in sewing abilities, but the group dynamics were extremely positive, with all children feeling proud of their achievements. We would thoroughly recommend Mandy and the Create and Grow after school sewing club.
Partner Head Teacher
Stanbridge Primary School
Tel: 01454 862000